Making an Offer
Now that you've been Pre-Approved for a mortgage and we helped you find the perfect home, the next step is to make an offer to purchase. Here are six questions you may want to ask about the prospective home before you make a final decision.
1) Why is the seller selling the house? This question may help you evaluate the seller's motivation and timing. Knowing what's driving the seller may allow you to adjust the purchase offer accordingly.
2) How much did the seller pay for the home? This question can, in some instances, help the buyer negotiate a better deal. However, it is important to remember that the purchase price is influenced by several factors, like the current market value and any improvements the seller may have made to the home.
3) What does the seller like most and least about the property? By asking the seller what he or she likes most and least about the property, you might get some interesting information. In a few cases, what a seller likes the most about a home might actually be something the buyer is looking to avoid.
4) Has the seller had any problems with the home in the past? It is also a good idea to ask the seller if he or she has had any problems with the home while living there. For example, has the seller had problems with a leakage from the upstairs bedroom in the past? If so, even if the leak has been corrected, the floor and walls around the bathroom might have been damaged. You should also check that these items were repaired properly.
5) Are there any neighborhood restrictions or HOA rules? If there are, make sure they will meet your lifestyle accordingly.
6) How are the public schools in the area? Because the value of a community is usually greatly influenced by the public schools in the area, finding out the buyer's perception can give you some insight about the quality of the area's schools.
Knowing all you can about a prospective home not only helps you decide if it's the perfect home for you, but what offer to make as well. Our team of real estate professionals can help you get your key questions answered and give you advice on how to evaluate your findings. We'll also provide you with closed comps in the area along with neighborhood trends/analytics to make sure you get the best deal possible.
Please contact us today to learn more about our Buyer representation services in more detail.